Monday, August 9, 2010

Diary of a Type 3 Diabetic

Hi. My name is Beth McGill and I am a Type 3 Diabetic. What? Never heard of a Type 3 Diabetic you say? Well I'm not surprised because it doesn't really exist. . A Type 3 Diabetic is a term used to describe a person who  knows or loves someone with Diabetes-Type 1 or Type 2. This disease affects more than just the person who has it. It affects them and everyone around them. In my case, the person I know who has diabetes is my 17 year old daughter Kelsey. She was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when she was just 9 years old.This blog is about how this disease affects her life and the lives of those around her. My blog will not be filled with medical jargon and the latest results on stem cell research-but it will be filled with the challenges "we" face on a daily basis and how we handle them.It will be about Kelsey as an individual and how we as a family unit deal with her disease-the good,the bad, and the ugly. My goal in having this blog is two-fold. 1.It will help support anyone else who knows someone dealing with Type 1 diabetes-and there are a lot of you out there.2. Selfishly, it will help me sort out my feelings by getting them down a paper and out of my head.So-welcome to my blog. Hope you gain something from this as much as I think I will.
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kelsey,Carissa, and Danielle

Kelsey,Carissa, and Danielle
SFWR Rock Wall

Carissa on the zip line

Carissa on the zip line

Kelsey and Danielle

Kelsey and Danielle
JR. Ambassadors for JDRF

Dance For Diabetes

Dance For Diabetes

The Mighty McGills

The Mighty McGills